Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kristian Hawkins Article

Attached are the first couple paragraphs of the latest posted article by Krisin Hawkins, whom I mentioned last night and who is a recent graduate of our program. You can see the entire article by clicking here.

Memoir of a New Barista

February 01, 2010 by Kristin Hawkins

The way to my current job was not an easy one. One reason it was hard, however, is the fact that the economy continued to be a difficulty for me at every which way. My current job might not be one's typical career, but it is on the road to whatever lies ahead.

I currently work at a coffee shop, and I am training to become an official barista. I have been at this job for almost a month. Although I have not gained many hours, I consider myself very blessed to have this job. If it was not in God's plan, I might not have landed even this one.

No comments: